Monday, March 25, 2013

Millie Jo!

A whopping 9 lbs and 2 oz, Baby Millie finally made her appearance this morning. She's so unbelievable and incredibly cute that I can't even stand it. This Thursday can NOT come fast enough.

Don't you just want to pinch those awesome little cheeks?

It's funny, this is the 11th time I have had the wonderful pleasure of being an aunt. For how excited I am, you'd think I was the one having the kid. Let's chalk it up to all these mommy genes developing inside me right now. ;)

But seriously, it's absolutely amazing how different and more exciting this feels knowing what a journey we are going to be embarking on in just 6 short months. Well, 5 months and 18 days, but who's counting. ;)


Realities that are settling in finally: None.
I don't know that it ever will set in. We got to hear the heartbeat again this week and it's just the greatest sound ever. I don't think I'll ever get over it. I want to make a recording and fall asleep to it every night. But even then, I still heave to remind myself that all these changes that are happening to my body are happening because there's a freaking human being in there!!!! So weird. 

Good News: The morning sickness (that's really all-day never-ending sickness) seems to be mostly over. Every other day I still feel a bit nauseous and get a headache, but other than that, I'm definitely not puking my breakfast up every time I brush my teeth. It's great!

Bad News: I've already got stretch marks. I had them before so it's not really that big of a surprise, but I haven't gained a pound so I'm absolutely baffled as to how it happened. Nonetheless, I'm just grateful there's a little avocado sized baby in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment