Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sunny side UP, please!

People rock.

[To be honest with you, My motto is usually "People Suck."
That's how I explain away the people (and by people I'm usually just talking about one specific person...*He Who Must Not Be Named*) that hurt me or just make choices that I can't even begin to comprehend.]

I'm [unfortunately] a facebook junkie, and sometimes I get really frustrated with people just complaining about the negative or unfortunate things that happen in their life.
Trust me when I say that I 100% get it.

However, I get reallllllly excited when people are positive about their circumstances, whatever they may be.

A couple of people I'd like to give a shoutout to for being awesomely optimistic today:
My sister, Ashley Mackey:

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it."
It's SO true. a Hannah Montana song comes to mind, "Life's what you make it, so let's make it rock!"

Next, is Tatum Parker. She and I were good friends back in like 4th grade, and she might not know that I'm quoting her, but hopefully she doesn't mind :)

"You were given this life, because you are strong enough to live it."
When I read this, it really hit home for a couple reasons.
-A Scripture [unsure of the reference] that says something along the lines of, 'We will not be tried above that which we are able.'
I truely believe that the Lord will only give us trials that we are able to overcome.
-When *He Who Must Not Be Named* first left, this was my only source of comfort. Knowing that the Lord was not going to put me into any circumstances that I couldn't overcome was a HUGE boost to my self-worth and seriously helped me move on.

Thank you to all my wonderful facebook friends that stay on the sunny side of the street. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are pretty positive yourself, I'd say. Especially after a heart break like that. I love you. THanks for the motivation to be more sunny.

    ReplyDelete